Friday, May 16, 2014

Uncanny Updates : I met three WONDERFUL authors!

Considering the time that has passed, this is an awfully late post.
But better late than never, right?
So, let's start from the beginning.

*Theremin music plays*
**If you don't know what that is, look it up**

A whopping six months ago, an advertisement of a famous bookstore here in the Philippines (National Book Store, for that matter) , caught my eye. It said that Ransom Riggs, Tahereh Mafi, and Veronica Rossi, three good authors, two of which I'm familiar with then, were coming to town, on April 26. I nearly FAINTED because of happiness! I simply love Ransom and Tahereh's books, and I was also excited to be exposed to a new trilogy, by Veronica Rossi. So of course, I prepared for the great Arrival (Rick Yancey fans out there, eh? eh?), buying their books and such. I even sold my old copy of Hollow City to buy a new one, just to have it signed! (rules rules rules)

A lot of other things happened in between, like inviting friends and accepting their rejection, blah blah blah (I cried)

AND THEN THE DAY CAME.



It was a bright, scorching day when we arrived at the venue. A typical, Filipino day. 

We came by 8:30. And the line was about half a mile long. Literally. I was utterly depressed, but no worries, since it started moving at 9:30 AM, half an hour before the mall opens. (Special Privileges mwehehehe)

I'm gonna skip the registration line and all those things like how scary it is to anticipate the decreasing number of books to be signed (luckily, when it was my turn to be registered, the limit was 8 books/person)

BAD NEWS: I'm number 329. Which means I will have my books signed after 328 others. 
GOOD NEWS: A friend of mine (she's one of the ymbrynes in our loop) saved a seat for me! Though we haven't met prior to the event, all those internet convos and text messages made us friends in real life almost instantly when we met..

AREN'T THEY CUTE TOGETHER? (wight alert)

While waiting, the different fandoms gathered around, meeting people, and socializing, and whatnot. It wa really fun to watch. There were photo ops, and among other things, the Philippines Peculiardom went out and distributed sheets of paper to be filled out, and given to our beloved Mr. Ransom Riggs. It was not much, but I saw the effort we made, and it clearly paid off.

The different fan bases also gave bookmarks/ads away. They were soooooooooo awesome and all, I decided to treasure them and love them with my whole heart (Subject to lamination)

After waiting and waiting and waiting for many hours, my turn finally came. I was starstruck of course, because I was just watching their vids a few weeks before. And now I was even able to get into conversation with them!! I felt like fainting, again. Time wasn't on our side though, and the officials were kind of rushing us in a friendly way. But don't get me wrong, the system was very incredible.

We decided to stay a bit longer, to chat and socialize and whatever, but after that we all went home.
HAPPY, at that!


NOTE: I also have a signed copy of Ignite Me, but but but

No comments:

Post a Comment