Friday, October 2, 2015

I'm So Totally Pumped.

Hi! Sorry it's been too long. Yep, I've been inactive without much of a forewarning. I tried to juggle blogging and the things that I've been doing recently, but I just couldn't fit it in. But now, things have become quite loose, and I'm here with my explanation!


I'm not gonna beat around the bush.

Why have I undergone hiatus? Well..... here's why. Firstly, much like everyone else at the moment, I became way too busy to handle too many things at once. For one, I'm currently working on a study/thesis/research/whatever in the field of Life Science (updates soon, I hope). Yup. Big words. And we're actually under a lot of stress at the moment. I was also appointed as the president for our Hi-Y Club (YMCA for High School) so there's that. Also.... Our journalism adviser announced the board of staffers for our English publication called The Electron, and......I'm managing editor. And we must train for the Division Schools Press Conference next week! Now, that's a bit too much to take in. But I think I can handle it all. I believe in myself, haha!

So.....what's up, you ask?

Erm, right now? I'm currently re-reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children to prepare myself for Library of Souls. I've recently finished Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures, a review opportunity from Pinoy Book Tours as well. Also, I've been going out with my friends a lot. Hanging out at Starbucks, and even getting our free comic last Saturday. It was Batman Day! And YES. Comics!

Do I have any plans for anything?

Okay. First, I'm planning of yet another blog revamp. I'm talking about header change, sidebar change, template change, the sort! Would it be okay? I don't know. I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about it. The reason? Well.... I kinda wanted a more crisp and clean aesthetic for everyone, myself included. Also, it's gonna be a learning venture for me in layout and editing! 

Secondly, regarding that comics thing. I hadn't realized before that I'd had an inner comic geek inside of me. It wasn't until I bought several Doctor Who comics during the Free Comic Book Day event that I discovered that this could be the latest addition to my "Eccentric" niche! Comics! Tell me below in the comments if you'd like to see those coming. "Those" as in reviews, hauls, and some features!

Lastly -- my stories. I've recently posted something subtitled "What It's Like". And as I rode the jeepney home the same day I got a free comic (Saturday), I figured something out. Maybe "What It's Like" could be the avenue in which my life's story or any story that I think of can be posted freely. Again, comment if that's...okay? Haha.

Oh wait! I also have a sort-of secret project in the works right now. And... it's gonna be in line with November! Which. Happens. To. Be. English. Month.

In the end...

I wanted you guys to know that I'm still here. I'm not going away. Well, not yet at least. My love for books (and comics) is too strong to just keep to myself. I may have some hiatuses because of school, but I'll try to be more active. With that, I'd love it if anyone dropped any kind of suggestion/comment as to what I do and the plans I mentioned above!

No comments:

Post a Comment