Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #2 : Books I'd give to readers who have never read Young-Adult/Contemporary



So........ Welcome to my second Triple T post! This week, I'll be showing you guys the list of books that I'd recommend to readers who haven't read Young-Adult (dystopian to contemporaries). I know, I know, this is improbable, but still! 

10) The Giver






The Giver is the first book in the Giver Quartet, which is comprised of The Giver, Gathering Blue, The Messenger, and Son. And believe me, if you liked Divergent, you would absolutely LOVE this! It is a utopian/dystopian novel, and when I read this because it was a prerequisite in 7th Grade, I really loved it! It has unexpected elements, and the ending was a cliff hanger. 






9) To All The Boys I've Loved Before






To All The Boys I've Loved Before is a contemporary novel written by Jenny Han. And yes, since the cover is girly and it's a contemporary, it involves love. This book really interested me, not because of the fact that it was the first Chic-Lit/Contemporary book I've read, but because of the coherent writing of the characters. 







8) The Bad Beginning





The Bad Beginning is the first book in A Series of Unfortunate Events, which follows the incidents and mishaps involving the Beaudelaire orphans, and their perilous, alleged relative Count Olaf. It's meant for pre-adolescent readers, but I the entirety of the series has very dark elements. Every book in the series that I've read so far has deaths and misfortune, and they were relatively short reads. So, please please pick this up!




7) The 5th Wave







Although I haven't really formally finished this book yet, I was impressed by how gorgeous the writing was, even if I've only read a few chapters. Also, the plot is quite unique, and the character is a bad-ass, like Katniss Everdeen, if not more.







6) The Hunger Games






The Hunger Games (part one of the hunger games trilogy) is probably one of the YA books that had impacted greatly to the readers, and so, other YA/dystopian books emerged. The plot line was creative, although very similar to that of Battle Royale. It was a good read, so if you haven't read it, do so now!







5) Proxy





Proxy is absolutely perfect to the teenage population. It really applies to the personal situations that we encounter, and of course, how to deal with them. The plot is good, the writing is good, the ending, devastating.

P.S. I think you'd love this more if you were a science geek. 







4) Anna and the French Kiss






I strongly believe that you would like this book even after just a few chapters. I know I did. I mean, yes it's another Chic-Lit book. So what? I found the writing cliche, but in a good way, since it was somewhat breaking the fourth wall. But mos important of all, the love story that happened in this book will surely torment you after.







3) Ignite Me








Ignite Me is the third book in the Shatter Me series. It's dystopian too, and everything that occurred in this book were so devastatingly good. The love, the war, the revelations.







2) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children







I am so biased with this book, I swear. Everything was perfect. Who could resist black and white photography?! And the plot! Genius! There's no other way of emphasizing the story without those vivid vintage pictures.







1) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer





As I've mentioned above, I'm biased with Miss P...... SECOND TO THIS. I absolutely tore each page from the spine and ate them all. I really loved this book, and of course is sequel The Evolution of MD, and the conclusion (to be published) The Retribution of MD. I cannot begin to say what other good things there are within this book. There are dark stuff and hilarious scenes. I promise you, it's one helluva ride!








No comments:

Post a Comment